Gluten free almond cake
Gâteau aux amandes sans gluten
I have been playing around with this recipe for a while, changing quantities and I finally managed to like this version which is moist and soft.
I am not necessarily pro or against gluten. I think if people have problems with it, then it should be removed from one’s diet. I removed it from my diet and ate sans gluten for a couple of months to see how my body felt. I thought since everyone talked about it, I should try it too, to get my own opinion, so I did.
Well to be real honest, I did not feel better nor worse. I had less and less carbs cravings and was less bloated but that’s basically it. So I won’t start preaching a gluten free diet or a not gluten-free one, I think that’s a personal choice. If you feel better when you don’t eat gluten, then don’t. That is my philosophy.
If you want to try a gluten free cake that is moist and light, then this is the one.
Ingredients for 6-8 people
- 6 eggs
- 190 g (6.7 oz) brown sugar
- 250 g (8.8 oz) almond flour
- 50 g (1.7 oz) gluten free flour
- 160 g (5.6 oz) melted butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bitter almond extract
In two different containers, separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the whites to a thick consistency. Mix yolks with sugar and beat until the mixture whitens and double volume. Add butter. Add flours and mix well to obtain a smooth batter. Incorporate egg whites. Add baking powder and almond extract.
Butter a round baking mold, sprinkle flour and spread the flour evenly into mold.
Pour batter in mold and cook in a pre heated oven at 350F for about 45 min or until completely cooked. Check the cake once in a while so that it doesn’t brown too fast. If it’s the case, lower the temperature.
This entry was posted by silvia on December 18, 2014 at 9:35 pm, and is filed under Breakfast/Brunch, Desserts. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Comment Feed for this Post
- For the little hole – Oatmeal cookies with cashews and dark chocolate
- Polenta cakes with raisin and rum, braised pineapple and pineapple tartare with lime and mint
- Shrimp and spinach bastilla
- Très mango – Mango papillote three ways
- Blanc-manger with almond milk, peach-apricot compte and grilled apricot
- Banana cake with oats and oat brans
- Oats, pear and almond muffins
- Black bean spaghetti with Brussels sprouts, mint and lemon pesto
- Rustic galette of red wine poached pears and Luna pepper
- Poached black plums in a spicy mint and verbena tea syrup