Fabulous almonds, part 2 – Almond cake
Merveilleuses amandes, deuxième partie – Délicieux gâteau aux amandes
I love this cake, I love it even more because I used the almond pulp that was left while making almond milk. So there is no waste in the process.
In France in January we celebrate Epiphany, and we eat the traditional Kings cake or galette des rois made with frangipane (mixture of butter, eggs, sugar and ground almonds).
I adore frangipane, so last week I made a galette des rois for some guests who came for dinner, since then I have been hooked on almonds. I have been basically trying to reproduce a galette des rois flavor in a cake…et voilà, c’est réussi!
This cake is very moist, so soft and if you like frangipane, you will love this cake. I am very happy about the results and will make this cake again and again after I make almond milk.
- 4 eggs
- leftover almond pulp (from making almond milk, about 1.5 cups)
- 4 tbs almond flour
- 2 tbs regular flour
- 3.5 oz (or 100 gr) melted butter
- 7 oz (or 200 gr) sugar
- 1 tbs rum
- 1 tsp almond extract
In a container, mix leftover almond pulp, sugar, yolks, both flours, butter, rum and almond extract. In another container, beat egg whites until firm. Carefully, mix whites to the almond mixture.
Butter a round mold and pour batter. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 370F for about 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and let it cool. sprinkle with powdered sugar and sliced toasted almonds.
This entry was posted by silvia on January 11, 2014 at 3:06 pm, and is filed under Breakfast/Brunch, Desserts. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Polenta cakes with raisin and rum, braised pineapple and pineapple tartare with lime and mint
- Très mango – Mango papillote three ways
- Blanc-manger with almond milk, peach-apricot compte and grilled apricot
- Banana cake with oats and oat brans
- Oats, pear and almond muffins
- Rustic galette of red wine poached pears and Luna pepper
- Poached black plums in a spicy mint and verbena tea syrup
- Coconut quinoa flans with mango, rum and mint salad
- A little slice of Iceland – Skyr cake with blueberries
- Low calories and low sugar mini chocolate cakes with cocoa nibs and almonds
very soft cake