Guest post – Green tea soba noodles with baby octopus, sundried tomatoes, seaweed and olives
Guest post – Soba au thé vert avec petits poulpes, tomates séchées, algues et olives
One of the greatest gentleman in the food blogsphere, Lazaro Bernal form Lazaro Cooks kindly requested me if I could guest post on his blog. Of course, I accepted with great enthusiasm and excitement. I think it’s an honor to be a guest post on someone’s blog. Usually, it doesn’t take me forever to find a recipe to post, but this time I wanted to find the perfect recipe that would fit Lazaro Cooks and that would be a combination of creativity, flavors, colors and that represents exactly what I love, and what Lazaro’s blog is all about.
I love all kinds of cuisines but I tend to go towards light and flavorful tastes with a Mediterranean flair. Here they’re combined with Asian flavors (because I do love Asian cuisine too, did not have the time to become an expert in it, but I do love to combine Asian ingredients to more Western ones) and the result is a perfectly balanced soba dish with amazing flavors and textures.
For this dish, I got inspired by one of Alain Ducasse‘s recipe, people who have been reading my blog, must know that I am a huge Ducasse fan. I changed a few items and twisted it around but the theme of combining Eastern and Western flavors is there and since Lazaro is a huge “connaisseur” of French cuisine, I knew he would approve my choice.
- Octopus stew with cannellini bean purée, herb oil
- Grilled octopus, fennel and fava bean saute, roasted pepper salsa, mixed herb salsa
- Mediterranean tofu cakes with warm roasted pepper, eggplant salad and green olive tapenade
- Taste from the ocean – Spirulina and farro-buckwheat tagliatelle with octopus stew
- Distant and delightul memories – Octopus carpaccio
- Happy lunch – Stuffed Branzino
- A salad Niçoise unlike others – Salade Niçoise with broiled salmon skewer and tapenade tartine with poached egg
- It’s not Paul, the octopus- Grilled octopus salad with fennel, peppers and olives
- Addicted to octopus – Chards with octopus and ginger orange dressing
- Nice to meet you Mexico! – Stuffed avocado with shrimp and octopus cocktail