La vie en rose is…la vie en rose
Shrimp, avocado, grapefruit salad with endives, orange vinaigrette
This fresh and citrusy salad is always a wonderful start to a multiple courses meal. Who doesn’t like the contrasts of flavors between the grapefruit, the avocado and sweet taste of shrimps? Besides the melange of colors it’s just a pleasure for your eyes. I love colorful food, the more colors, the better, and the red grapefruit, is sweeter and prettier than the yellow one. Another variation of this salad is to replace the shrimps by smoked salmon and instead of the tangerine or mandarine juice, you use lemon or lime juice.
Ingredients (2 or 3 people)
- 7-8 shrimps (3 to 4 shrimps each)
- 1/2 large red grapefruit
- 3 belgian endives
- A few leaves of frisee salad
- 1/2 pomegranade
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 tangerine
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- A small piece of grated ginger -1 inch
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the grapefruit and remove skin on each quarters. Set aside.
- Cut the pomegranate and remove the seeds, try not to break them, they can be very juicy and the juice can stain quickly.
- Saute shrimps in a little olive oil, when cooked set aside and let cool. Cut the avocado in medium size pieces, wash the salad.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl.
- For the vinaigrette, add all the ingredients together and mix well, then add to the salad.
- Serve in small plates or large cocktail glasses.
- East-West – Zucchini and daikon carpaccio with roasted tomatoes and tarrragon coulis
- Quick and simple – Yams tartine with greens, sardines and radishes, lemon-herb pesto
- Distant and delightul memories – Octopus carpaccio
- Smoke salmon, broccoli purée and spinach timbale, dill sauce
- In the wide world of galettes – Cauliflower and zucchini galettes, bed of carrots, yogurt sauce
- Brick stuffed with curried vegetable, yogurt herb sauce
- Stuffed portobello with vegetables goat cheese and basil
- Brick sheets stuffed with carrots, cumin and munster cheese
- Party time! half bite and short story – Mini mussel tartlets
- Like birdie – Spicy millet taboule with chick peas and grilled zucchini