Oats, pear and almond muffins
Muffins à l’avoine, poires et amandes
Usually for breakfast I like my multi grain toasts with no desire to change but once in a while I like to treat myself with some fancy little bites like these ones. I would have called those mini cakes (which in French gâteaux are what those are), but I feel they’re more muffins than cakes, as per American standards. Cakes are described as sweet, with frosting and no fruits.
They’re light, very airy, moist and perfect for breakfast or as afternoon snack. The base is like the traditional French yogurt cake, but I used Greek Yogurt instead and oat and almond flours instead of regular white flour. I used a pear but you could also use an apple.
Ingredients for 6-8 muffins
- 1 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbs stevia powder
- 1 Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp bitter almond extract
- 1 pear, peeled and grated
- sunflower seeds for topping
Preheat oven at 365F. In a large bowl, mix flours, baking powder and vanilla powder.
In another bowl, beat eggs with coconut sugar, stevia, oil, yogurt, bitter almond extract. At the end add pear. Mix well.
Pour the bowl containing the eggs/sugar mixture into the bowl containing the flour mixture. Mix well.
Divide batter in individual muffin molds. sprinkle with coconut sugar and sunflower seeds.
Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
This entry was posted by silvia on March 13, 2016 at 3:39 pm, and is filed under Breakfast/Brunch, Desserts. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Comment Feed for this Post
- For the little hole – Oatmeal cookies with cashews and dark chocolate
- Polenta cakes with raisin and rum, braised pineapple and pineapple tartare with lime and mint
- Carrots part 2 – Carrot greens galettes with carrots and edamame saute, tahini-yogurt-lemon sauce
- Très mango – Mango papillote three ways
- Blanc-manger with almond milk, peach-apricot compte and grilled apricot
- Banana cake with oats and oat brans
- Rustic galette of red wine poached pears and Luna pepper
- Once it was a salad – Soup of lettuce and peas with herbs, cream of tarragon-chervil
- Poached black plums in a spicy mint and verbena tea syrup
- Coconut quinoa flans with mango, rum and mint salad