In the wide world of galettes – Cauliflower and zucchini galettes, bed of carrots, yogurt sauce
Dans le vaste monde des galettes – Galettes de chou fleur et courgettes, sur lit de carottes rapées et sauce yaourt
I am so happy about the time change, days seems longer, they are definitely brighter. I am very ready for spring and everything it brings us.
This recipe features one more addition to the vegetable galettes chapter, I love those ones, well you need to first like cauliflower to appreciate those galettes…actually, no you don’t need to like cauliflower to appreciate these, you just need to try them.
I used the orange cauliflower kind but of course any cauliflower would work. I just like colorful dishes. It’s a quick dish to prepare and you can use those galettes as a side dish to chicken or any other meat, and for a vegetarian option, they are perfect as is with a green salad. These are a great way to make kids eat their vegetables, they’re fun and don’t look like one.
Ingredients for about 10 galettes
For the galettes
- 1 head orange cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1 zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbs parmesan
- 2 tbs chives
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
For the carrots
- 4 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1.5 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
For the yogurt sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Blanch cauliflower in boiling water for about 3 minutes. Drain and set aside. Using a mandoline slice zucchini finely, place in a drainer and add 1 tsp coarse salt and let it drain for about 15 min. Rinse under water and squeeze excess water.
Chop roughly cauliflower and place in a mixing bowl. Add zucchini. Add parmesan, chives, flour, baking power, salt and pepper.
In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs and add to the mixture. Mix well, the mixture should not be too liquid, if too liquid, add flour.
Heat olive oil in a pan, using your hand, form galettes (2 inches diameter) and place in pan. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
For the carrots and yogurt sauce, mix each respective ingredients together.
Serve galettes on a bed of carrots with yogurt sauce on top.
This entry was posted by silvia on March 14, 2014 at 1:59 am, and is filed under Appetizers, Side Dish, Vegetables, Vegetarian - dairy. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Comment Feed for this Post
- Roasted celeriac with mung beans forestière fricassée and tarragon oil
- Yams and Brussels sprouts napoleon with herbs and red bell pepper jam
- Weird translation – Vegetarian couscous with cauliflower “semoule”
- East-West – Zucchini and daikon carpaccio with roasted tomatoes and tarrragon coulis
- Encore vegan – Jeanette of wild mushrooms, cauliflower and garlic-herb paste
- More vegan – Layers of spaghetti squash with vegetables and tofu – polenta cakes with herbes de Provence
- Einkorn pasta with oyster king mushrooms and carrot pesto
- Quick and simple – Yams tartine with greens, sardines and radishes, lemon-herb pesto
- Marinated tofu skewers, spaghetti squash with king oyster mushrooms, saute dandelion greens
- Carrots part 2 – Carrot greens galettes with carrots and edamame saute, tahini-yogurt-lemon sauce