For a happy lunch – Melting potato bouchées with herbs and mozzarella – Yogurt mint dipping sauce
Pour un déjeûner gourmand – Bouchées de pomme de terre aux herbes et mozzarella, sauce yaourt menthe
I kept forgetting about those potato bouchées, I think we tend to forget good old recipes in our search to find new ones, but this one is too good to forget. So as we continue on a vegetarian journey for a little while, I wanted to feature a delicious recipe that has been quite popular among non vegetarians as well. The combination of melting mozzarella and fragrant herbs with this soft potato mixture is a delight.
Potatoes are one of the ingredients I am not using very often but I have decided to incorporate them more in my diet especially since I have been on a vegetarian trend, I will probably go back to consuming fish at some point but for the time being mangeons sain!
I used purple potatoes, I figured the purple would look great on my blue plate, but it seems like they lost their vibrant color in the cooking process, therefore the “purple” is barely noticeable on the picture. You can use any other type of potatoes, purple potatoes contain more starch therefore tend to be slightly sweeter.
I served these potato bouchées with a grilled fennel, and red onion salad that was incredibly delicious. I will post the recipe soon because they were a match from heaven.
Ingredients for about 10 bouchées
- 5 medium sized potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs chives, chopped
- 2 tbs basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200 g mozzarella, diced
- salt and pepper
For the yogurt dipping sauce
- 200 g small plain yogurt
- 1 shallot
- 1 tbs mint, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
Roughly mash cooked potatoes, and mix herbs, mozzarella, salt and pepper and form some small patties about 4 inches diameter. Heat a non-heating pan or a grill pan. Cook patties until golden brown on each side and serve with yogurt-mint sauce.
For the dipping sauce, mix all ingredients together.
- Roasted celeriac with mung beans forestière fricassée and tarragon oil
- Weird translation – Vegetarian couscous with cauliflower “semoule”
- East-West – Zucchini and daikon carpaccio with roasted tomatoes and tarrragon coulis
- Encore vegan – Jeanette of wild mushrooms, cauliflower and garlic-herb paste
- Einkorn pasta with oyster king mushrooms and carrot pesto
- Quick and simple – Yams tartine with greens, sardines and radishes, lemon-herb pesto
- Octopus stew with cannellini bean purée, herb oil
- Carrots, carrots and more carrots – Black lentils on carrot purée, roasted carrots, shave carrots and fried leeks
- Beet carpaccio with raspberries and raspberry vinegar dressing, goat yogurt herb sauce
- Buckwheat pasta with roasted beets and beet leaves pesto