Extra green dinner for hot summer nights – Zucchini tagliatelle and edamame with ginger and sesame
Diner extra vert pour les chaudes soirées d’été – Tagliatelles de courgettes et edamame au gingembre et sésame
Summer is around the corner and we just want more greens and lighter meals for those hot summer nights…I don’t know if you’re like me, but during summer I mainly eat salads, fruits and greens. I just had my first peach of the season tonight, it was still a little hard, and not very sweet…I can’t wait for summer to show up so I can live on peaches.
With six zucchini, you can make a huge quantity of those tagliatelle (tagliatelle is the Italian pasta, it’s flat and long and 1/2 inch thick, not sure how you call this in English). I really like the combination of zucchini and edamame, they both remain crunchy and full of texture. The interesting thing is that you feel like you are eating carbs but you’re just eating vegetables so you feel light and energized.
I try not to eat carbs at night, I tend to sleep better and I love to go to bed feeling light as a feather, and get up in the morning with a healthy hunger, avec le ventre qui gargouille.
I like those as a main vegetarian dish with nothing else, they’re so satisfying, but you can serve them with any grain or meat dish of your choice.
Ingredients for 4
- 6 zucchini
- 1/2 lb edamame
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbs black sesame seeds
- olive oil
- rice vinegar
- salt and pepper
First slice the zucchini with a potato peeler. Keep in a large container.
In a wok, heat up olive oil, add shallots, brown them. Add ginger and garlic, stir then add zucchini. Cook for a few minutes only, to keep them crunchy. Add edamame, vinegar, salt and pepper, sesame seeds. Stir carefully not to break the zucchini, mix all ingredients. Add cilantro at the end and serve hot.
- À la va-vite -Tomato and chickpea soup with spices and saute tofu
- Roasted celeriac with mung beans forestière fricassée and tarragon oil
- For the little hole – Oatmeal cookies with cashews and dark chocolate
- Yams and Brussels sprouts napoleon with herbs and red bell pepper jam
- Weird translation – Vegetarian couscous with cauliflower “semoule”
- Polenta cakes with raisin and rum, braised pineapple and pineapple tartare with lime and mint
- East-West – Zucchini and daikon carpaccio with roasted tomatoes and tarrragon coulis
- Encore vegan – Jeanette of wild mushrooms, cauliflower and garlic-herb paste
- More vegan – Layers of spaghetti squash with vegetables and tofu – polenta cakes with herbes de Provence
- As good as it looks – Yams tartine with avocado mash, zucchini tagliatelle and edamame, grey lava salt