The cucumber and the snowball – Goat cheese chive ball on cucumber carpaccio and bed of frisée, balsamic vinegar vinaigrette
Le concombre et la boule de neige – Carpaccio de concombre et sa frisée, boule de chèvre à la ciboulette, vinaigrette balsamique
This is a nice and fresh salad, it’s composed of a cucumber carpaccio, with frisee salad with balsamic vinaigrette and a chive goat cheese ball on top. I love the frisee kind, it’s tender, crunchy and looks pretty on a plate, especially due to it’s different shades of green. It’s a light start to a simple dinner. The cucumber carpaccio mixed with rice vinegar has a sweet taste and goes well with the frisee. You can serve a slice of Italian or country bread, grilled with a sprinkle of olive oil on top.
Ingredients for 2 people
- 1 English cucumber
- 3 tbs of goat cheese, like a buchette kind
- 2 handful of frisee salad
- 2 slices of country bread
- 1 1/2 tbs chopped chives
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
To make the carpaccio, slice the cucumber with a mandoline or a slicer, add some coarse salt and let aside for about 30 minutes, to remove excess water. Rince very well and remove excess water by squeezing with your hands.
Prepare the goat cheese ball, cut chives and place in a mixing bowl, (set some aside for the end to roll the cheese ball in it). Add the goat cheese and mix with a fork, make a ball rolling with it with your hand and roll in the remaining chives.
Mix balsamic vinegar with olive oil, salt and pepper and pour on the salad, mix well.
Place cucumber slices at the bottom of a small plate, add a handful of frisee salad, then add the goat chesse ball in the middle. Serve with a slice of grilled country bread drizzled with some olive oil.
- Snapper or not snapper ? – Red snapper kebabs with orange and olive vinaigrette on fennel fondue
- Automn Leaves – Sunburst squash and leek soup with oregano and yogurt, warm roquefort tartine
- A taste from far away – Shrimps in a coconut colombo sauce on spiced vanilla basmati rice
- Just for fun – Zucchini flans with olives, feta and mint in a heirloom tomato vinaigrette
- I ate all the fishes in the ocean – Mahi mahi fillet and candied lemon with cardamom on saffron rice with wilted dandelions
- Are there still fishes in the sea? – Salmon tart with spinach, onions and dill on a black sesame seeds, chili and herb crust
- That’s not for Pépito! – Green tea, coconut, and almond bouchées
- Vegetables inside and out – Carrot tagliolini with zucchini-walnut pesto
- A close cousin has just arrived – Whole wheat orzotto with shrimps, sea scallops, fennel, radicchio and herbs
- A few mousses in a layer or two – Mascarpone mousse with raspberries and strawberry coulis imitation tiramisù